Certain words and phrases are defined in clause 5.3 and have the same meaning wherever used in these Terms.
- 1.1 You use the Website at your own risk. Although Prism endeavour to ensure that the Data contained on the Website is correct, Prism does not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, that the Data is accurate, complete or current, or that use of the Website is free of risk of viruses or other damage.
1.2 Unless otherwise agreed in writing neither Prism nor any of Prism's directors, officers, employees, agents or sub-contractors nor any of the members of Prism shall be liable to you for:
- 1.2.1 any direct loss; or
- 1.2.2 any loss of profits, business or anticipated savings, or loss of or corruption of data, or any indirect loss or consequential loss whatsoever; even if we have been advised or are otherwise aware of the possibility of such loss.
- 1.3 Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer under English law.
- 1.4 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit the liability of Prism for death or personal injury due to our negligence, for our fraud, or for any other matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
1.5 Nothing in this Website is intended to be, or should be construed as:
- 1.5.1 advice on the merits of, or a recommendation in relation to, any particular product or product provider; or
- 1.5.2 an offer to enter into a contractual relationship with you or anyone else, except for these Terms which govern the relationship between us in relation to your use of the Website.
- 1.6 Whilst Prism endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, Prism will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 1.7 Prism reserve the right to withdraw or modify the Website at any time.
- 1.8 Prism does not guarantee that the Website will be compatible with all or any hardware and software which you may use.
- 2.2 You may not link to this Website from another website without our consent in writing.
Intellectual Property Rights
- 3.1 All Intellectual Property Rights in the Website (including but not limited to the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics on the Website) and all Data on this Website is vested in Prism and/or our licensors and content contributors (including our members).
3.2 You must not copy, modify, redistribute, republish or otherwise make available to anyone else the whole or any part of this Websites or the Data except that you may (subject always to clause 3.3):
- 3.2.1 quote from the Website in material issued by you to a third party so long as you give due accreditation to Prism and refer expressly to the Website as the source of the relevant quotation;
- 3.2.2 download the Data to your hard-disk for the purpose of your own personal use (if you are a private individual) or for your own internal business use (in all other cases).
- 3.3 Under no circumstances are you permitted or authorised to supply or resell the Data to third parties, or extract or re-utilise any or all of the Data for commercial purposes, without the prior written consent of Prism.
- 4.1 Prism respect your personal information and undertake to comply with all applicable data protection legislation currently in force under English law.
- 4.2 In general, you can use the Website without giving us any information. However, if you choose to register on the Website then you agree that Prism may use personal information provided by you in accordance with the purpose for which you provide your personal information, for Prism's internal record keeping, and to improve Prism's products and services.
- 4.3 Except as provided under these Terms, Prism will not disclose your personal information to third parties or transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area without your permission unless such disclosure is required by law or other court order.
- 4.4 Prism may provide aggregate statistics about its Website users and traffic patterns and related Website information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will be provided in an anonymised form so that they include no information by which you can be personally identified.
- 4.5 In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to request a copy of the personal information which Prism hold about you. Prism may charge a fee for complying with this request.
- 4.6 If you become aware that the personal information Prism hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact Prism as soon as possible and we will correct or update it. Any requests in this respect, or any other correspondence relating to this Website should be addressed to us at email@example.com.
- 4.7 Prism use 'cookies' in order to help us recognise you as a prior user of this site, to personalise your browsing and to enable Prism to improve the Website. Cookies identify your computer but otherwise do not store any personal information about you. You may change your browser settings to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer, if you wish. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking "help" on your browser's menu. Please note that if you do change your browser settings, then you may experience technical difficulties with some parts of the Website.
- 5.1 Prism reserves the right at any time to amend these Terms without notice to you.
- 5.2 These Terms shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with English law. Any dispute arising under these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and, by using these Websites, you hereby submit to and waive any objections to, the jurisdiction of such courts.
5.3 Wherever used in these Terms, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them below:
- "Prism" means Prism Communications & Management Limited, a company registered in England and Wales trading under the name of Prism Cosec.
- "Data" means any information and/or materials (including without limitation statistical materials) contained on these Websites from time to time;
- "Intellectual Property Rights" means trade marks, trade and business names, domain names, copyright and moral rights, rights in databases, patents, rights in confidential information and all other intellectual property rights (in each case whether registered or unregistered and including applications for any of the foregoing) and all rights or forms of protection having equivalent or similar effect to any of the foregoing which may subsist anywhere in the world.